- Animal Grooming
- Farm Administration
The agriculture school is divided into three sections located in three places so that we can have more space for our farming projects.
Agriculture Center Chenla
On 27th December 2016, Father Samnang (Principal of Don Bosco Technical School Kep), Mr. Pov Tula (Manager), Mr. Try Seyha (Principal’s Assistant), and Mr. Hem Raksmey (Maintenance) paid an official visit to the Don Bosco Kep Agricultural Center CHENLA. One main goal is to develop the organic farm there and for it to become sustainable.
They were welcomed by Mr. Pinna and Mr. Kosal, teachers of the Agricultural Section. They checked the following areas:
The pigsty was cleaned and pigs were big. There were three pregnant female pigs and many young pigs that seemed healthy. But Fr. Samnang is concerned about the living space for the pigs, though better than before, is still small and will cause stress for the animals. He proposed to create a bigger area for them. If we eat them, let us give them a better life.
We intend to build a slaughtering house that should follow international standards:
- Animals should not suffer pain when we slaughter them so we should think about how to reduce pain.
- When we slaughter an animal, other animals should not be nearby to see it.
- A slaughter house should be built far away from where the animals are raised.
- Instructions of how to build a slaughtering house by FAO
- Slaughterhouse and Meat Processing Plant by USAID
Muslim communities may like to buy goat’s meat from us if we produce enough.
Garden at the outside land of Chenla
On the map below, the bottom left corner shows a small piece of land intended for a future residence house. In this area we will plant some plants and flowers for sale. We will need to build a shelter too.
Entrance to the Agriculture Center
These are the actions we are going to take to make a better entrance to the centre:
- Make the path in the centre into a better road called Prey Kuk Road.
- Construct a parking lot (Rothe Chenla).
- Create a study/recreation area next to the entrance.
- Put up a big sign “Don Bosco Kep Agriculture Center CHENLA” in Khmer and English.
- A display poster with description of our projects in both languages.
- Description of services in both languages, e.g. veterinary, gardening.
- Chenla Street sign on the wall in three places.