Instructors are chosen from the same body of past pupils in more than 20 years of experience in Cambodia. The contribution of hundreds of volunteers in the Don Bosco Cambodian schools has been a very important way to develop the quality of the technical education. Native or foreign volunteers usually join the Don Bosco mission in Cambodia through other organizations that guarantee their travel, stay, insurance and other needs.
For the Don Bosco schools the volunteer must have also a kind of reference proving his/her qualities as a person ready to interact with young people, with the Cambodian culture and language and working in team with the different statements of Don Bosco. It is important that you request a police record in your country, since we work with children and youth.
Coming to help, not to ask for help for himself or herself. The volunteer donates his/her time to Don Bosco, meaning a donation to the young people, facilitating their improvement as persons and their skill.
If you are an expatriate in Cambodia, you can apply to our Don Bosco schools, only if you like education and you want to donate your time and skill for the development of our country.
The official language for foreign volunteers at the Don Bosco schools is English. Volunteers doing the effort to learn some Khmer are especially appreciate.
Here you find a limited list of the kind of experts we need (it is probably that not everything is included and there are more options, but keep in mind that we deal with education) :
- Teachers of English (especially native speakers or persons from non-native speaking countries with the enough formation in English teaching.)
- Computer teachers.
- Web developers.
- Hotel skill experts (Front office, housekeeping, chef, barmen, etc.)
- Fine arts teachers,
- Representative arts teachers (dance, drama, etc.)
- Electrician teachers.
- Marketing experts.
- Thai/Vietnamese/Chinese/Japanese/French/Spanish teachers.
- You can be a young volunteer after you finish the high school. If you come from an English speaking country, you can be an English teacher or if you like mathematics and you feel you can teach it, please apply.
- You can be a pensioner after you worked years as a mechanic... well, young men will appreciate if you can share your experience with them for a period of time.