Thanks to our donors for what we get in order to continue our mission in favor of the poorest. This is our Christmas wishes for Santa Klaus this December 2012.
1. The full electrical installation of the Angkor Borei Center (the main building for the social com and secretarial sections and the male residence): estimated cost is 22,000 USD.
2. The full electrical installation updating of all the Don Bosco campus. Estimated cost is 60,000 USD if we include the Angkor Borei Center.
3. The construction of the water system and water tower. Estimated cost 80,000 USD. The water tower is the most expensive: 60,000 USD.
4. The roads, gate and paths construction, although it is not a priority and frankly donors do not support projects like this, but it can be included for example with companies interested in civil works. Estimated cost: 100,000 USD.
5. The male teachers' residence. Estimated cost: 50 USD.
6. Construction of a kitchen, refectory and study room for the girls and lady teachers of Banteay Srei: Estimated cost is 40,000 USD.
7. Construction of the hotel school: This is a special project that needs a full description, but we estimate the construction of a bungalow in 25,000 USD.
8. The Children Fund: Now we are attending three schools in Kep and Kampot with 99 children. Every child gets 25 USD per month plus some food, medicine and study material. My ambition is to reach some schools in the region inside the most marginalize area. Some donors use to sponsor for example 50 children for one year or more. I am looking also for a van for the Children Fund to allow the social worker to state in a region for some days registering children.
9. Audiovisual material for the Audiovisual center (video cameras, photographic cameras, microphones, etc.)
In another group of needs we can count:
1. Running expenses. It includes meals for the students, teachers and volunteers. In this area sponsors insist in develop projects of sustainability. As we aren't a commercial school, we cannot charge students with running expenses and they pay very symbolic sums. So we develop things like the cafe Internet, laundry, technical services, the farm. So donors can help us to develop such ideas for example with the donation of some equipment (computers, farm material, etc.) I have the idea to open a cafe Internet in Kep and other in Kampot and thus we need funds to do it.
2. Medical dispensary: It comes just with first aid and basic medicine to attend the school community.