Admission & Fees
Don Bosco Technical School currently offers six technical programs. Each program last two years and students graduate with an Associate Degree. We hold two semesters per year, and students attend from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. All programs are open to young people of both genders, including physically challenged students.
Applicants visit DBK to apply for an interview, and those who pass the interview will take an exam to evaluate their educational level.
To the interview, applicants should bring:
- Family Book
- Birth Certificate
- Previous year student card
- Five (5) small photos (2×3) and 5 bigger photos (4×6)
- Recommendation letter from an authoritative source (see below)
- Photos of their home (optional)
After the exam, a final selection will determine the students that will be accepted.
Successful candidates will be notified at a later date. Results are given around September of every year. Applicants who have passed the test and interview must come at a later date with their parents, tutors or NGO representatives.
Young people can study at Don Bosco Hatrans for very low fees ($12 USD per month that pays for food and lodging). It does not cover the total expenses a student incurs during the year (salaries of the teachers and equipment for their education). It is our duty to look for these resources in order to cover for them. Asking bigger fees to our students means to prevent them from attending the school, because they come from families that live on $1 USD/day. The estimated total for the calendar year 2017 is $25 USD/month per student.
- We recommend the students have their own laptops, though it is not an obligation if the student comes from a low income family.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the school, and this rule applies to students who are residents at the Campus as well.
- Every applicant must bring a recommendation letter from an NGO, chief of the village, pagoda, priest, pastor, Muslim leader or school teacher, stating the financial and family situation of the applicant.
Help us to get more equipment by donating material to our technical sections. Please get in contact: email@example.com
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 097 813 5818